As a Kindle owner, you are well aware of the benefits of being able to quickly get your virtual hands on a new book, but additionally the Kindle allows you to pinpoint information needed. This is very true of Osnova’s King James Version of the Bible. Using a method known as “Direct Verse Jump”, you can get to the exact verse you need in seconds.
In order to perform searches, all you need to do is type an abbreviated book name which is detailed in the table of contents in this version, type period, chapter number, period again, and then the verse number. Lastly, press find twice and the requested version will be able for viewing in seconds. If you only need to open the first verse of a chapter, then you can skip the verse number when performing your search.
There are two other ways you can move between books and chapters in the Bible using your Kindle.
1. Use a hyperlinked table of contents; or
2. Press the joystick right or left to move between books of the Bible.
This is definitely the best version of King James available for the Kindle, but there are a few improvements that Osnova and Amazon could make.
• It would be helpful if you could search for keywords within a single book of the Bible without having to scroll through pages and pages of hits on a single word. Imagine searching for the word “spirit”. The amount of hits is overwhelming.
• The book, chapter, and verse need to be listed in each hit on a keyword. It doesn’t help the reader to see just Kindle’s location number.
• It is great that you can make and save notes, but if you could customize the way that you number, categorize and save the notes, studying would be much easier.
The product description reads that you can tell where you are in the Bible. It is true that each verse does have the chapter and verse number listed, but no where does it tell you what book you are in.
All in all the King James Version by Osnova is a perfect addition to the Amazon Kindle. For those who study the Bible, using the Direct Verse Jump navigation tool is perfect for getting right to the point.