If you are the organized type, then managing your collection is a perfect way to keep track of your Kindle ebooks. There are many places to do this online. Here are a few popular choices that you can check out to get your ebooks organized.
One of the most popular, “Manage My Kindle” is a place where you can keep track of purchased ebooks, blogs, and magazine subscriptions.
• Books are arranged in date order
• Quick link to product details
• View or add a review of the ebook on Amazon
• Search by author or title
• Can’t include non-Amazon downloads
• There isn’t an area to write personal notes
• Limited to reading material only
The “Kindle Reading List” is another popular place to organize and manage your ebooks.
• Allows you to keep a record of all purchases
• Keeps a record of all notes and highlights
• Add personal ratings
• See other customer ratings and reviews
• Only good for Kindle editions
• Can’t add more notes
Amazon’s “My Media Library” is not only for ebooks, but for all media purchased on Amazon such as music, videos, DVDs, and paper books.
• You can add non-Amazon purchases to your collection
• Allows you to add personal notes and tags
• Share content with other people or make items private
• Add items to a gift list
• Print lists
Another favorite of many is the “Visual Bookshelf” at livingsocial.com.
• Add as an application on Facebook
• Organize music, TV shows, movies, restaurants and more
• Separates ebooks into categories — Already Read, Currently Reading and Want to Read
• Write reviews
This tool is so great that I haven’t found any cons, and a definite “pro” is the ability to import lists. You can import your personally list from Amazon Wish Lists. You can also export RSS feeds for your blog, or make a csv file of your collection as back up or to add to an existing database. When using it as an app on Facebook, you can let your friends see the collection list, and recommend ebooks to read.
These are cool managing methods to not only keep your ebooks organized, but also maintain database for notes. Additionally, you can create different libraries to manage all of your media for fast retrieval. Truly, enjoying your Kindle has never been easier or more convenient.